Monday, October 29, 2007

Surfing on Tuesday

I think Tuesday is going to be one of those “wait and see” mornings.

Overall weather is looking a little unstable. There is a cold front pushing down the coast and while it is expected to weaken as it moves into SoCal, it will likely destabilize the wind pattern. I think we will have some morning NW wind texture showing at the exposed breaks…and if it isn’t coming out of the NW the winds will likely eddy back and come in out of the SW, which is just as bad for most breaks.

Add to that the mix of windswell, and small southern hemi pulses, isn’t particularly strong. I think the surf will have a hard time powering through the higher morning tide.

So Tuesday is showing the potential for slow, soft, and possibly crumbly surf…not really something that I am going to shoot out of bed for in the morning. Personally I will check the cams for the dawn patrol…if it looks like we may have hit a little window of halfway decent surf I may drive down to check it in person, but I am not holding my breath.

No comments: