Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Morning Update - Thursday (with a little extra wind)

Gang...I was just doing the dawn patrol this morning and it doesn't look like we are going to get much of an eddy today (maybe tonight) so the onshore winds are going to get a straight shot at us in the next couple of hours.

That being said it is surfable...we have more windswell in the water to go along with the building S-SW swell and wave heights are already starting to hit around head high at the better combo breaks (and bigger in OC and San Diego).

Right now the winds are not that bad...Ventura and LA are seeing some side/offshore texture and more of a stacked up shape...it cleans up a lot around Malibu and Venice.

OC and SD are doing OK as well...you can tell that the wind has been blowing in the outer waters all night and some of that bump has made it to shore. The Current winds are mostly light and variable and a few spots are even semi-offshore but there is a funk to it. There are also a few overhead sets starting to mix in at the good spots.

I would try and get on it as early as you can...the winds will be picking up as we head into the afternoon.

2 comments:

Dogtownsurfer said...

Adam - Cool site. I did the Venice report for Swellmagnet for about 3 years and now run my own site with daily free pics and conditions report. Thought you might be able to use the pics / report and I could use the forecast....at any rate, take a look at it and let me know what you think.

http://www.venicesurfreport.com

Matt

Unknown said...

Matt,

I dig the site...even the un-PC Hobo 500 was classic.

This is exactly what the real surf community needs...a down to earth surfer with a real connection to his surf spots giving the reports...and occasionally making hobos race for cash and prizes.

shoot me an email and we can talk about integration (I think you can ping me from my profile).